Welcome to The Mendocino Hotel & Garden Suites
2013: “Be sure to stop at this gorgeous hotel with hearty bistro eats in the oak and Victoriana Lobby Lounge, locally sourced Californian cuisine and in the quiet romantic dining room—Old World charm throughout. It will take you back in time with enjoyable service and not-too-expensive prices to boot.“
2010: “Sets the scene for the local ‘in crowd’,
and well worth the price.“
“Stayed in nearby Mendocino at the restored Mendocino Hotel. The hotel, like the entire town, is charming and welcoming.”
“Make this a must-do in Mendocino”
“The service and food could not
have been better!” July 2012
“Great Ocean Front Location” June 2012
#1 Hotel in Mendocino for 2011 and 2012
and “Certificate of Excellence”
- December 1-23: December Lodging Special The Mendocino Hotel is offering 50% off December 1st–23rd — just mention the 'December' Special when you make your reservation. (This special only applies to room reservations, not dining.)
- December 6-8, 12-15, 19-22 from 5-7:30pm: Festival of Lights Thousands of lights transform the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens into a magical winter wonderland. A spectacular fountain on an island leads visitors to the Perennial garden where swaths of tulips delight the senses, a spider in a web lights a tree and a blanket of stars provides the perfect backdrop for pictures.
- December 7: Holiday Craft Faire Craft Fair vendors, silent auction & raffle, soup & baked goods, festive & fun! Location: Preston Hall at Mendocino Presbyterian Church on Main St in Mendocino.
- 25th Annual Mendocino Coast Candlelight Inn Tour: December 12-13-14 This charity event features evening tours of bed-and-breakfast inns and lodges, and it supports programs for Mendocino Coast youth through the Mendocino Unified School Enrichment (MUSE) fund. Thursday, December 12 is Mendocino; Fort Bragg is Friday, December 13; Little River/Albion is Saturday, December 14. The Mendocino Hotel is on the tour on Thursday. Find out more about the tour on their Web site. All three nights for one low price.
- Mid-to-Late December: Whale Migration Begins The annual migration of 20,000 California Grey Whales begins sometime around the middle of December, and we'll see whales through April. First, the whales swim south to Baja for birthing new calves, and then they return to the Arctic Ocean with the calves. Since they typically stay pretty close to shore (especially in the latter half of the migration), you can easily see spouts from shore.
- December 25 from 3-9:30 pm: Christmas Dinner Christmas Dinner is a superb holiday experience at the Mendocino Hotel. Appetizers include Roasted Pumpkin Soup, Wild Mendocino Mushroom Soup, or Anderson Valley Apple, Parsnip and Pear Salad. Entrees include Herb-Roasted Cornish Hen, Certified Angus Prime Rib, Grilled Fresh Sea Bass, or Roasted Winter Root Risotto. Adults $69 plus tax and gratuity. Child's Plate (10 and under) is $24.Here is the complete menu.
Constructed in 1878 and lovingly restored in 1975, The Mendocino Hotel Ocean & Garden Suites offers 51 deluxe accommodations: luxurious, romantic, Garden Suites and cottages situated on two acres of botanical gardens with fireplaces, Italian marble vanities, private balconies and spectacular ocean or garden views; and Victorian style rooms with access to ocean view balconies. Enjoy antiques, fine art, down comforters, stained glass and Oriental carpets, 24/7 front desk concierge and two award-winning Mendocino restaurants. ZAGAT enthusiastically writes “Victorian delights abound at this charming, period Mendocino Hotel restaurant with a California menu that’s right on the mark.”
Kris Kristofferson Favorites Saves Hendy Woods and Stays at Mendocino Hotel. Kris Kristofferson helped save Hendy Woods State Park, which was in danger of closing, by performing his favorites for a sold-out crowd on July 11, 2012. The Mendocino Hotel and Hill House Inn were honored to have Kris and his family stay, and they received the same professional and attentive service that all of our guests have enjoyed for the past several decades.